Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meet our Stallholders- Sally's Celebrity Knits





TELL ABOUT ME:

I come from Australia/New Zealand and have been living in Nashville,
TN for 16 years.  I have been knitting since the age of 6 years.
Although I do a number of other crafty things, knitting is my
favorite.  I never use acrylic yarn on adult sweaters.  I have a
talented friend in Franklin, TN who has sheep and rabbits and spins
their fiber into the most fabulous yarn - which I knit.  See picture.
I also knit mohair yarn which I buy from New Zealand, Australia or
England.  I have a lovely, long-suffering husband, two fabulous
children - one here in Nahville and the other in New Zealand. I have
three grandsons - Jaedon and Lincoln in New Zealand and Niko here in
Nashville, via Korea.

HAVE I ALWAYS BEEN CRAFTY?
Yes always.  My aunt and mother were both crafty and I think it just
runs in the genes.

WHAT IS THE CREATIVE PROCESS FOR ME?
I buy up yarn that I personally like and as soon as I have completed
one sweater, I can't wait to get onto the next.

ACCESS TO MY HAND KNITS?
I usually sell at craft shows or by word of mouth. I also knit to
order when I have the yarn to do so.I also have a number of my sweater
pics on my photo album on Facebook

THE STORY BEHIND MY BUSINESS NAME?
"Sally's celebrity knits"
I am a singer and the name just came to me. I imagine that I am a
celebrity and that hopefully those around me will want to have one my
creations and be 'celebrities' too. Ha!

WHERE DOES MY INSPIRATION COME FROM?
I look at the yarn and decide how it will best look knitted up.  My
inspiration sometimes comes from seeing shop bought sweaters or
patterns.  What drives my inspiration most is knowing what people will
actually buy!!!

WHAT IS MY FAVORITE BLOG?
Not sure if it is a blog as such but there is a great website called
"Ravelry.com"  It has some great resources and free patterns.

WHAT IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE BOOK?
Not sure about that but my favorite movies are "Funny Girl" and
"Seabiscuit"  My favorite singers are Reba McEntire, Crystal Gayle,
Ricky Van Shelton, Josh Groben and Mario Lanza.  My all time hero is
Lance Armstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment