Friday, November 19, 2010

Meet our Stallholders- KariBeth



Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Hello! My name is KariBeth and I'm a jewelry designer. I was born and raised in Nashville, and I ventured off to college in Detroit where I was a Craft major and studied metal smithing, glass blowing, and fibers. Upon moving back to Nashville, I blended my love of vintage with jewelry making... and I've been obsessed ever since!

Have you always loved to create? 
Indeed! I've been creating since I can remember. My first dabble with jewelry began with straight pins and my dad's pliers when I was in elementary school. I can't imagine not being able to create! 


What is the creative process like for you?
I scour flea markets, estate sales, and antique stores in search of  unique and unusual treasures that have been well loved, yet "lost" throughout the years. Each one of my jewelry pieces has been "found" again and is assembled into a one-of-a-kind creation that has been curated with passion, often combining era's, therefore, creating a new story by overlapping and blending the years of history. Pieces can take hours, or even days to complete... and, and I love every minute of it!

Where can we currently buy your creations?
Currently, you can find my jewelry at the following locations:
KariBeth.com
Serenity Maison in Leiper's Fork
Art & Invention Gallery in East Nashville
Roses and Rustics in Nolensville
Venus & Mars - The Showroom
Shimia at the Loveless Cafe

What is the story behind your business name?
Well, my business name is my name: KariBeth. Perhaps, it's not that creative, but the thought of picking one business name can be daunting! So, I chose my own name...  

where do you get inspiration from?
I'm inspired by all things vintage... My favorite color combinations will often come from an antique needlepoint or paint by number that I've come across. I'm intrigued by daguerreotypes and their mysterious photos. And, dance compacts make me question who their original owners were. Each heirloom piece that I come across is truly an inspiration, and I feel that it's my challenge to create a jewelry piece to showcase it proudly. 
What is your favorite blog?
Oh, such a tough question! There are SO MANY, but I think my winning vote goes to "Hello Mr. Fox". www.hellomrfox.com


and just for fun, what is your favorite picture book?
As a child, my favorite picture book was "Panda's Paint Box"... which, my mom still has on her library book shelf! 

No comments:

Post a Comment