Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meet our Stallholders- Lilac Fox



Hi Everyone meet Corynne from Lilac Fox

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I was an art major. I recently graduated, married and moved to a very small town with my husband. Since I was young, I have always enjoyed sewing along with drawing and painting. My grandmother taught me to sew and since moved here I began sewing more than usual (I started a blog to track my progress in the handmade art).  I love blogging, sewing, reading other blogs, cooking, and lots more.

Have you always loved to create?
Yes! I love making things out of any material. 


What is the creative process like for you?
Well, I always have my eye open for great design. So I keep track of unique shapes, color combinations, use of space (everything I learned from my art degree) then try to incorporate that in my art.  My "art" is sometimes aprons or paintings, the arrangement of my den (ha), etc.

Where can we currently buy your creations?
I sell my aprons at festivals, Amelia's Presents (oxford, MS), Green Egg Designs (Fort Payne, AL), and custom orders.   I had a sweet old lady that heard I make aprons via my Husband, drive to my house and ask me to make aprons for her grandchildren yesterday. 

What is the story behind your business name?
Well I love the color purple, and I love foxes. So I tried to combine the two and I came up with "Lilac Fox".   There is more behind the name, and I working to have my "slogan" I guess so I will get back to you on this question later :)

Where do you get inspiration from?
Um, sort of anywhere. It could be a small corner of a napkin that has unique lines, or a great painting.  Mostly my inspiration comes from going to Art galleries/festivals and seeing poeple do what they love and seeing other people's paintings, sculptures, etc.

What is your favorite blog?
 It's Design Sponge for sure. (www.designspongeonline.com)


and just for fun, what is your favorite picture book?

Can "Where the Wild Things Are" be my answer? - It sure can Corynne!



No comments:

Post a Comment