Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet our stallholders- Flowers that rock



Meet Sarah- she is the creative genius behind Flowers That Rock

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I grew up in a very small town in Iowa where being creative was almost necessary to enjoy living there.  I've always loved making stuff from very humble materials usually paper however now I use lots of other materials too.  


What is the creative process like for you?

It's weird but I attribute a lot of my creative process to day dreaming, I just let my mind wander and see where it ends up.  The other thing I enjoy is trying to solve problems and see what creative solutions I can use to 'fix' a problem.
Where can we currently buy your creations?
My items are sold online at:  
and 3 etsy stores: 

What is the story behind your business name?
Flowers That Rock are flowers made from guitar picks and guitar strings and we came up with the name because the are ready to rock.  

where do you get inspiration from?
I'm inspired by everything around me but a lot of times it's the stuff most people are throwing away without even a second thought.  The guitar strings used in our flowers are actually reclaimed.  They have already been used on guitars and have been replaced.  Some guitarists change their strings once a week and I didn't like to see them thrown away so quickly.  


What is your favorite blog?
I really like the dollar store crafts blog, it has a new frugal craft ideas everyday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment